OPEN REGIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING:Invitation for Bids for “Selection of a Travel Agency for ECOWAS Parliament”
This post is also available in:
Français (French) Português (Portuguese (Portugal))
Date: June 13, 2022
RCB No: PARL/RCB/06/2022
Invitation for Bids for “Selection of a Travel Agency for ECOWAS Parliament”
- The ECOWAS Parliament, within the framework of the execution of its 2022 budget intends to carry out the selection of a Travel Agency with proven expertise to process various aspects of official travel of ECOWAS Parliament, including but not limited to airline ticketing, hotel reservations, travel advisory, assistance with formalities related to the shipment of human remains, and other travel related services.
- The main objective is to provide travel management and related services including, but not limited to airline ticketing and airport transfer, and related services at the lowest cost for ECOWAS Honorable Members of Parliament, Staff Members and/or their dependents (for purpose of official and non-official Travels) and consultants, government officials and participants attending meetings or on official business for ECOWAS Parliament.
- The ECOWAS Parliament now invites Travel Agencies duly registered within the West Africa Region to submit sealed bids for “Selection of a Travel Agency for the ECOWAS Parliament” (as one lot). Travel Agencies within ECOWAS Member States not registered and operating in Nigeria are encouraged to have a local partner duly registered and licensed to operate in Nigeria. This is necessary because only Nigerian-based Agencies can issue airline tickets such as: British Air Ways, Lufthansa, Emirates, and few others at affordable fares for travels that originate from Nigeria.
- Interested eligible Travel Agencies may obtain further information at the address and office time as shown below:
Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, ECOWAS Parliament, Directorate of Administration and Finance, General Administration and Conference Division, 1st Floor ECOWAS Parliament, International Conference Centre, PMB 576, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria.
Electronic mail Addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- The Bidding Document is available for all interested Travel Agencies at the Procurement Unit, General Administration and Conference Division, ECOWAS Parliament located at first (1st) floor at the address mentioned above. A complete set of Bidding Documents (English, French or Portuguese) can be obtained upon Submission of a written application addressed to the Directorate of Administration and Finance at the addresses above, upon payment of a non-refundable fee of fifty thousand naira only (₦50,000) or one hundred United States Dollars (US $100.00) or equivalent in a free convertible currency acceptable to ECOWAS, in cash, by cheque or Bank transfer with ECOWAS Parliament as beneficiary.
- For Bidders outside Nigeria, the Bidding Document can be mailed to interested Bidders upon payment (by transfer) of the non-refundable fee of one hundred US Dollars (US$100) to the ECOWAS Parliament (transfer charges born by the bidder). Account Details available on request.
- Bids shall be valid for 120 Days from the deadline of submission.
- Bids must be accompanied by an Original Bid Security (bank guarantee or insurance bond) of One hundred thousand US Dollars only ($100,000.00) or its equivalent in a free convertible currency acceptable to ECOWAS.
- NB: This Bid Security must remain valid for Twenty-eight (28) days after the expiration of the bid validity period which brings the total bid security validity period to 148 Days. Bidders are invited to strictly follow this instruction.
- Bids (1 Original and 3 copies) should be delivered in a sealed envelope (English, French or Portuguese version) and deposited in the ECOWAS Tender Box located in the Secretariat of the Secretary General, 1st Floor ECOWAS Parliament, International Conference Centre, PMB 576, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria on or before 11.00 am (GMT + 1) on Friday, July 29, 2022.
- Bids should be clearly marked “Travel Agency for ECOWAS Parliament”, and should comprise a technical proposal in line with the description of services and a financial proposal exclusive of taxes and including all services charges and discounts supported or offered by the Travel Agency.
- Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders/representatives who choose to attend, on Friday, July 29, 2022 at 11.30 am (GMT + 1), Room 0.0010, Ground floor of the ECOWAS Parliament Headquarters Office Complex.
- Please note that electronic submissions are not accepted and will not be evaluated.
- This invitation for Bids is also published on the ECOWAS Parliament Website: www.parl.ecowas.int and on that of the ECOWAS Commission: www.ecowas.int